Monday, October 21, 2013

Welcome to My Blog!

So, I decided to jump on the bandwagon & start a blog! I'm interested to see if anyone will actually read it, so we shall see! Bear with me, y'all...I have no clue what I'm doing, but I will give it my best!

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I am a huge supporter of Cameo Colours Lacquers. What started out as a polish swap, has turned into so much more, as I now consider Cameo a dear friend. I am now the proud owner of 21 of her gorgeous polishes, & am constantly amazed at the stunning beauty & awesome quality of her stuff. 

Recently, I went through major surgery, & was having a rough time, as my husband is NOT very supportive of me or my recovery. So, in an effort to lift my spirits, my sweet friend sent me some surprise nail mail, which instantly brought a smile to my face, even before even opening the package. I opened the package & got a giggle when all this loose glitter fell out on me everywhere! Then, I read the note, & was so touched, that it brought tears to my eyes. Words of encouragement were just what I needed at that moment. Then, I saw my new pretties! 

L-R: Mistletoe Make-Out Session (Unreleased), Indian Summer, and Brighid

As if getting a surprise from her wasn't enough, she sent me Mistletoe Make-Out Session, which has not been released yet, making me the very first owner! (Be jealous, lol!) This will be a part of her upcoming holiday collection, scheduled to be released next month.

Mistletoe Make-Out Session, 3 thin coats with topcoat


Slightly blurred to show more of the sparkle


I took a few different shots because I don't have a light box, & the sun only peeked out for about 5 minutes total. It had gone back behind the clouds for this shot.

Next, we have Indian Summer, which is from her Beauti-Fall Collection. This one is near & dear to my heart, as I had the privilege of helping name this one. Not only did it SCREAM Indian Summer to me, but Indian Summer was the name of an album/song that my dad used to play when I was a kid. After losing my dad to lung cancer in July of 2004, any memory is a fond memory. But thinking about that song takes me back to a time when life was simple and happy. So, when I suggested the name & Cameo loved it, I was honored that she chose to name her beauti-fall polish that. *Nudge, nudge! See what I did there? Hee hee* Out of all 21 CCL's that I own, this one is my absolute favorite, for all of these reasons.

Indian Summer, 3 thin coats with topcoat. Bottom pic is slightly out of focus to show off more of the gorgeous sparkle!

Finally, we have Brighid, from The Divine Collection. This is a beautiful pastel yellow linear holographic polish. Normally, I'm not one to choose to wear yellow polishes, as I don't think they go very well with my skin tone. But this one, well...what's not to love?! Just look at that holo! 

Brighid with 3 thin coats, with topcoat

Monday, Cameo released The L Collection, a collection of 4 beautiful duochromes, which you can also choose to add linear holographic glitter to! See www.cameocolourslacquers.com for details!

Here's a code to go order! Help her afford to get her pup to the vet!

Well, there it is: my first blog post! I hope that a lot of you will follow & read what this boring 'ol, SAHM has to say about her obsession! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers