Thursday, January 2, 2014

I'M BAAAACK!!

After a long hiatus, I AM BACK! *Back in the Saddle by Aerosmith plays in the background*

The last two months of 2013 through me for a loop, but I am so excited about what 2014 has to offer. It's gonna be a great year!

In today's post, I want to share with you guys what I got in my very first Influenster box!
**These products were sent to me for testing purposes**
December 2013 Influenster Jolly VoxBox

Being as this was my first time getting a VoxBox, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But, I have to say, I'm impressed! 

Skinny Cow Chocolates - Peanut Butter Crème

These things, oh-em-gee, were SO good! You would never guess by tasting them that they're only 130 calories per serving! This was my first time trying anything by Skinny Cow, and it did NOT disappoint. They sent a box of 6, but this is the only bar left, lol. And yes, I am hiding it. *My precioussssssss....*

The Duck Brand "Mini Ducklings" Mini Duck/Duct Tape

Okay, we all know that duct tape is an absolute God-send sometimes, but you don't always need some gigantic piece of tape, and it's harder to cut, get off the roll, etc. Well, now The Duck Brand has little baby rolls of duck/duct tape! How stinkin' cool is that?! 

I used mine to repair the box that holds the tiny little antique China tea set that my MIL so lovingly bequeathed to my 2-year-old. *LOVE my MIL!*


It only took four small pieces, and was the perfect little size to use on this box. I have since stored this little set to give to my daughter when she's older. *And when we no longer have a glass-top coffee table.*

Puff's Ultra Soft & Strong To Go Tissue Pack

I haven't needed to use these yet, but I really like the little Puff's packs like this. I can keep one in my purse, in the diaper bag, in my daughter's backpack, in my car....the possibilities really are endless, lol. Mommies are all about convenience! *Can I get an amen?*

NYC New York Color HD Color Trio Eye Shadow -
Long Beach Sands

I was really excited when I seen this eye shadow set from NYC New York Color, because I've never really worn a lot of makeup because I never learned the proper ways to apply it. So, I've always stuck to the more neutral colors. My hair is auburn, and my eyes are dark brown, so I always thought that browns and neutrals kind of highlighted my hair & eye colors. 

I have recently taken a slight interest in learning new ways to wear/apply my makeup. I even started wearing fake eyelashes, using liquid eyeliner, and using an eyebrow pencil, which are all HUGE steps for me. When I got my Jolly Vox Box, and saw that the eyeshadow was in my "safe colors," I was pretty excited. I couldn't tell you the last time I bought eyeshadow. *Yes, I've been wearing the same eye shadows for a couple of years, now. Don't judge me...*

I'm not much on selfies and my makeup skills suck, so this 
picture doesn't show off the real potential of this eyeshadow,
but hey...I tried, lol.

I was also wearing....

Rimmel London NEW Show Off Lip Lacquer - Stargazer

I'm not much of a lipstick girl, but I love a nice, light, neutral shade of gloss, with just a subtle bit of shimmer. And this was seriously perfect for me. Easy to apply. Lasted longer on my lips than I thought they would, too. My new favorite :)

All-in-all, I am SUPER pleased with this Influenster box! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next! 

Have YOU signed up for Influenster, yet? I have THREE invites left! Just go follow my Facebook page, and direct message me with your email address ;) 

Did anybody else get the Jolly Vox Box? Did you like it? What was your most favorite? What was your least favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers