Sunday, January 19, 2014

Jolie Polish

Hi guys! Today, I want to show you guys a couple of polishes from Jolie Polish.

 One of my sweet Instagram friends, Kate, ordered "I <3 U Grandpa" and had it shipped to me last month when my grandfather suddenly passed away. I was so touched when I opened the package and read the name, I was instantly in tears. It never ceases to amaze me how supportive everyone in the nail polish/nail art community is of each other. We always stick together, cheering each other on & help to raise each other's spirits when one of us are down. It's an amazing sister*and sometimes brother*hood that I am honored to be a small part of. *Love you guys!*

Now, on to the swatches! 



1 coat of "I <3 U, Grandpa" over Sweet Heart Polish "Sands of Time" & two
coats HK Girl topcoat


"I <3 U Grandpa" is a beautiful glitter bomb, which has pink holographic butterfly glitters, small black glitter shreds, tiny holographic hexes, as well as an assortment of larger hexes. I layered it over Sweet Heart Polish's "Sands of Time" here, but I am sure it looks amazing over just about ANY color. This is one coat, with very minimal "fishing". The only "fishing" I had to do was for a couple of the butterfly glitters. And, I didn't have to do any dabbing at all. This glitter bomb is quite easy to apply!


In addition to "I <3 U Grandpa", Bory (Creator/owner at Jolie Polish) also sent a mini-sized bottle of "Choji" from her Naruto collection. 



Three coats and HK Girl topcoat (3 finger swatch courtesy of the bag of 
groceries I was carrying in a couple of weeks ago that snapped my index
nail)


Neon orange stud from BornPrettyStore






"Choji" is a white Creme, with a rainbow of different sized matte hex glitters. I wish I had the ability to buy online, because this is one that I would LOVE to have in a full size! I added a small, square neon stud that I bought myself from www.bornprettystore.com to my accent nail to dress it up a little more, even though this polish really doesn't need to be dressed up! I just took it as an opportunity to use the studs since I've had them for a couple of months, and hadn't even opened the package yet. I can't wait to play with those a little more!

Thanks again to Kate & Bory for allowing me the opportunity to own these two beautiful polishes! 

I hope you all have an awesome week! Happy polishing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Local wedding photographers
Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Local Wedding Photographers